Ginger - 250 gms (grated)
Green chillies - 2 (chopped)
Tamarind pulp - 5 Tbsps
Jaggery - to taste (grated)
Salt - to taste
Oil - as required
Cumin powder - 1 Tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 / 2 Tsp
Chilli powder - 1 Tsp
Fenugreek powder - 1 / 4 Tsp
Asafoetida powder - 1 / 4 Tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
Dry red chillies - 2
Curry leaves- 1 sprig
Oil - 2 Tbsps
1. Heat coconut / gingelly oil in a pan and fry the grated
ginger in batches until brown and crisp.
2. To the same oil add the green chillies and fry.
3. Pulse or grind the fried ginger, and green chillies along with
the spice powders in a mixer.
4. Heat oil in another pan and add mustard seeds,
dry red chillies and curry leaves.
5. Now add the pulsed or ground ginder and fry for
6. Add the tamarind pulp and mix well.
7. Add salt to taste and grated jaggery.
8. Let the mixture boil for 5 minutes in low flame.
9. Remove pan from stove and transfer contents to
a serving bowl.
10. Serve with rice.