Fresh Coconut - 1 cup ( grated )
Sugar - to taste
Water - as required
Coconut Milk - 1 / 4 cup
Essence - a few drops
Saffron - 2 strands
Soaked Cashewnuts - 10 ( chopped )
Plain Flour - 1 Tsp ( approx )
Ghee - 2 Tsps
1. Pulse the freshly grated coconut in the mixer and set
2. Dissolve the saffron strands in the coconut milk an set
3. Keep a pan in stove and heat a tsp of ghee and in a low
flame add the flour and roast a little.
4. Add the coconut milk and mix without lumps.
5. Heat the water and sugar in a thick bottomed pan and
let it boil.
6. When the syrup reaches a one string consistency and
sticky add the coconut.
7. Stir well till the mixture forms a lump and all the liquid
8. Add any essence of your choice and remaining ghee and
remove pan from stove.
9. Allow it to cool, wet hands a little with water and form into
Note : If you add milkmaid to enhance taste lessen the amount
of sugar used.
I added rose essence but any essence or a tsp of cardamom
powder can be added.
The laddus will be soft and moist so can be refrigerated for two
days if not consumed immediately.