Boiled Butter Beans - 250gms ( boiled with a pinch of turmeric and salt )
Onion - 1 ( siced )
Green Chillies - 2 ( sliced )
Cardamom - 2
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 1 inch piece
Star Anise - 1
Coconut milk - 1 / 2 cup
Salt - to taste
Coriander Leaves - 3 Tbsps ( chopped )
Coconut Oil - 3 Tbsps
Coconut - 1 / 2 cup
Green Chilies - 2
Ginger - 1 / 4 inch piece
Garlic - 3 cloves
Soaked Cashew nuts - 15
Fennel Powder - 1 Tsp
Salt - a pinch
1. Grind all the ingredients to a smooth paste and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and add the whole spices.
3. Now add the sliced onions and green chillies.
4. Saute till onions turn pink.
5. Add the ground paste and saute for 5 minutes.
6. Add the cooked butter beans and little water.
7. Cook in a low flame for 10 minutes.
8. Add salt to taste and the coconut milk.
9. Simmer for 3 minutes add coriander leaves and
remove pan from stove.
Note : Can be served with bread / roti / chapathi.