Raw Banana - 2 ( sliced )
Thick Curd - 2 cups
Green Chillies - 4 ( sliced )
Pepper - 1 Tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 / 4 Tsp
Coconut Oil - 2 Tsps
Mustard Seeds - 1 Tsp
Dry Red Chillies - 3
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Salt - to taste
Coconut - 1 cup ( grated )
Cumin seeds - 1 Tsp
Green Chilli - 1
Salt - a pinch
1. Grind the ingredients mentioned above with enough
water to a smooth paste and keep aside.
2. In a pan drop in the sliced raw banana , green chillies ,
turmeric powder , pepper powder , salt to taste and
water as required.
3. Cover and cook till the banana pieces are soft and add
4. Simmer in a low flame for 3 minutes and add the ground
5. Simmer for 2 minutes more and remove pan from stove.
6. Keep another pan in stove and add 2 Tbsps of coconut oil.
7. When the oil becomes hot add the mustard seeds , curry
leaves and dry red chillies.
8. Pour tadka over the kalan and serve hot with rice.
Note : You can use elephant yam instead of raw banana or both