Ada- 250 gms
Jaggery - 400 gms
Thick Coconut Milk - 1 cup
Coconut Milk - 6 cups
Dry Ginger Powder - 2 pinches
Cardamom Powder - 1 Tsp
Ghee - 3 Tbsps
Cashewnuts - 15
Raisins - 15
Ghee - 1 Tbsp
1. Heat ghee in a pan and fry the cashewnuts followed by
raisins to a golden brown.
2. Keep aside till use.
1.Wash the ada well in water soak in warm water for 30 minutes
and strain well.
2. Heat 1 Tbsp of ghee in a pan and roast the ada in a low
flame to a golden brown colour.
3. Powder the jaggery and add some water to it and keep the
vessel in stove.
4. Once the jaggery is dissolved, remove the vessel from stove
and strain the syrup to remove impurities.
5. In a heavy bottomed pour 4 cups of coconut milk and when it
slightly boils,add the roasted ada.
6. Cook ada till soft, pour the jaggery syrup and allow it to cook till
the mixture becomes slightly thick.
7. Add the remaining 2 cups of coconut milk and dry ginger powder.
8. In a medium flame stir in the pradhaman occasionally till you get
the right consistency.
9. Lower the flame , add the thick coconut milk , stir once , simmer for
two minutes and add the cardamom powder and remaining ghee.
10. Remove the pan from stove, garnish with fried cashewnuts and raisins.
11. Serve warm or chilled as desired.
Note : Adjust the sweetness of pradhaman to suit your palate.
The amount of coconut milk depends on the nature of the
ada , sometimes you might need a little more or less.