Minced Boneless Beef – 250 gm
Potatoes – 2
Onion – 1 ( chopped )
Green Chillies – 2 ( chopped )
Ginger & Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Pepper Powder – 1 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 / 4 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 1 / 2 tsp
Fennel Powder – 1 / 2 tsp
Curry Leaves – 1 sprig ( chopped )
Salt – to taste
Oil – to fry
Rice Flour - to coat
Egg whites - 2
1. Pressure cook minced beef with all ingredients except garam masala powder and chopped curry leaves.
2. In a pan transfer the pressure cooked beef and simmer till the stock is no more.
3. Add the chopped curry leaves and garam masala powder and stir well.
4. Allow this mixture to cool.
5. Boil and mash the potatoes well.
6. Add the cool mashed potatoes to the minced beef mixture and mix well.
7. Form into equal sized balls and flatten into discs.
8. Roll the discs in rice flour and set aside.
9. After 5 – 10 minutes dip the discs in beaten egg whites.
1. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown or brown
2. Drain excess oil in tissue paper and serve hot.
Adjust the spice and salt level to suit your palate.
I used 2 egg whites – depends on the size of the egg.
You can also refrigerate for 5 – 10 minutes before dipping
in egg whites and frying.
Rice flour I used was roasted and sieved without lumps.
I have tried using bread crumbs but the taste differs.