Plain Flour - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 Tsp
Baking Soda - a pinch
Salt - To Taste
Green Gram - 1 cup
Jaggery - 1 cup ( grated )
Fresh Coconut - 1 / 4 cup ( grated )
Cardamom Powder - 1 Tsp
Ghee - 2 Tsps
1. Soak green gram for an hour and pressure cook till
cooked but not mushy.
2. Mix all the ingredients for coating and keep aside.
3. Heat ghee in a pan and add the cooked green gram,
grated jaggery, fresh coconut and cardamom powder.
4. Mix well till the mixture forms a lump.
5. Form equal sized balls from the mixture and keep aside.
6. Heat oil in a pan lower the flame a little.
7. Dip each ball in the batter for coating and drop slowly in
the hot oil.
8. Fry till the outer covering is golden, drain excess oil and