Vermicelli - 1 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Water - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cups
Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
Orange Food Colour - a pinch
Ghee - 1 / 4 cup
Ghee - 1 Tsp ( to grease the plate )
Raisins - 15
Cashewnuts - 15
Ghee - 1 Tbsp
1. Heat 1 Tbsp of ghee in a pan and fry the cashewnuts and raisins
to a golden brown and set aside.
2. To the remaining ghee add another tablespoon of ghee and fry
the broken vermicelli.
3. In another pan boil water and milk together and add the orange
4. When it starts to boil, add the fried vermicelli and cook in a low
flame till the water is almost absorbed.
5. At this stage add the sugar and cardamom powder and keep stirring
adding the ghee at intervals.
6. Now grease a dish or plate with a tea spoon of ghee and transfer the
cooked vermecilli lump and flatten it gently with a greased spoon.
7. Garnish with fried cashewnuts and raisins.
Note : If you are using ready made roasted vermecilli , fry it for just a
few seconds or it will brown.