Channa Dhal - 1 cup
Dry Red chillies - 2
1. Soak channa dhal and dry red chillies for
nearly 2 - 3 hours.
2. Grind coarsely and set aside.
TO PREPARE VADA
Coarsely Ground paste
Raw Jackfruit - 2 cups ( chopped )
Onion - 1 ( chopped )
Green Chillies - 4 ( chopped )
Ginger - 1 Tbsp ( chopped )
Garlic - 2 Tbsps ( chopped )
Fennel Seeds - 1 Tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 / 4 Tsp
Red Chilli Powder - 1 Tsp
Curry Leaves - 1 sprig ( chopped )
Coriander Leaves - 3 Tbsps ( chopped )
Salt - to taste
Oil - to fry
1. To the coarsely ground paste add all of the
above ingredients for vada except oil.
2. Mix well and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add teaspoon fulls of the
ground paste in batches and deep fry till golden brown.
4. Drain excess oil and set aside.
Onion - 2 ( chopped )
Green Chillies - 2 ( chopped )
Ginger Paste - 1 Tbsp
Garlic Paste - 1 Tbsp
Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsps
Turmeric Powder - 1 Tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 2 Tsps
Fennel Powder - 1 Tsp
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Coriander Leaves - 5 Tbsp ( chopped )
Salt - to taste
Oil - 4 Tbsps
Water - as required
Coriander Leaves - 2 Tbsps ( chopped )
Melted Butter - 1 Tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and add the chopped curry
leaves and onoins , saute till onion turns pinkish.
2. Add green chillies , ginger and garlic paste and
saute till raw smell is no more.
3. Now add all of the powdered spices and salt to
4. Saute for 5 minutes and add enough water close
the pan and let the gravy boil for 10 minutes.
5. Now add the prepared raw jackfruit vadas and let
it simmer in low flame for 5 minutes.
6. Remove pan from stove and transfer vada curry to
a serving bowl.
7. Pour some melted butter and chopped coriander leaves
on top as garnish and serve hot.