Bread - 1 loaf
Milk - 1 litre
Sugar - 1 1/2 cup ( approx )
Cashewnut Paste - 3 Tbsps
Cardamom Powder - 2 Tsps
Ghee - 1 cup
Yellow Food Colour - a few drops ( optional )
Fried Cashewnuts - 20
1. Cut the bread slices into bite size pieces.
2. Heat 3 Tbsps of ghee in a pan and fry the
bread chunks to a golden brown.
3. Heat sugar and milk in a pan and add food
4. When the sugar dissolves completely , add
the fried bread chunks.
5. Once the mixture starts to thicken add the
cashewnut paste and half the amount of ghee.
6. When the mixture attains a lump add the remaining
ghee and fried cashews and cardamom powder.
7. Remove pan from stove and transfer halwa to a greased
8. Serve warm or chilled garnished with nuts of your choice.