Pineapple - 1
Sooji / Rawa / Semolina - 1 cup
Sugar - to taste
Yellow Food Colour - a pinch
Water - 1 cup
Pineapple Essence - 3 drops
Ghee - 1 / 4 cup
Fried Cashewnuts - 10
Soaked Cashewnuts - 5
Soaked Pistachios - 5
Soaked Almonds - 5
1. Heat 2 tsps of ghee in a pan and fry the cashewnuts and set aside.
2. In the same pan add the sooji and roast in a low flame.
3. Cut the pineapple and grind in a mixer along with 1 cup of water.
4. Heat the pineapple juice in a heavy bottomed pan and add the
required amount of sugar and yellow food colour.
5. When it begins to boil add the roasted sooji and keep stirring in a low
6. Add the remaining ghee to it when the mixture forms a lump and
7. Add the fried cashewnuts and pineapple essence just before removing
the pan from stove.
8. Peel the skin from the soaked pistachios and almonds and slice them
9. Grease a pudding mold or a plate with ghee and transfer the mixture
to it, allow to set, garnish with sliced nuts and serve.
3 1 / 2 cups of pineapple juice is what I got so no extra water was required.
I did not strain the juice.
But it can be strained if liked.
HAPPY DIWALI TO OUR DEAR
VIEWERS & FOLLOWERS !!!!