Raw Rice - 1 cup
Moong Dhal - 1 / 2 cup (roasted)
Water - 3 cups (approx)
Dry red chilies - 4
Pepper - 1 Tbsp
Green Chillies - 4 (chopped)
Cumin - 1/2 Tbsp
Ginger - 1 inch piece (sliced)
Cashewnuts - 10
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsps (chopped)
Ghee - 4 Tbsps
1. Add little ghee to a pan and roast the moong dhal for few minutes and set aside.
2. Pour remaining ghee in a pressure cooker and add curry leaves, whole pepper,
cumin and dry red chili, fry for a minute.
3. Add finely chopped green chillies, sliced ginger and cashewnuts and saute.
4. Add the roasted moong dhal and raw rice and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Add salt to taste and water, close the cooker and cook till done.
6. When pressure is released open the cooker and mix well.
7. Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambhar.