Sardines - 15
Coconut Oil - 2 Tbsps
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - to taste
Shallots - 15
Red Chilli Powder - 2 Tbsps
Cumin Powder - 2 Tsps
Pepper Powder - 1 Tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 Tsp
Tamarind Pulp - 1 Tbsp
1. Grind the shallots with rest of the ingredients to a
2. Clean the sardines and mix well with the ground
3. Transfer the sardines to a clay pot.
4. Add water just enough to cover the sardines.
5. Add salt to taste and curry leaves and mix once.
6. Cover the pot and cook in a low flame till all the
water gets absorbed.
7. Remove the lid and drizzle the coconut oil over
the cooked sardines.
8. Serve hot.