Cooked Rice - 2 cups
Ripe Tomatoes - 3
Green Chillies - 4 ( sliced )
Garlic - 6 pods ( chopped )
Ginger - 1 inch piece ( chopped )
Shallots - 20 ( chopped )
Salt - to taste
Red Chilli Powder - 1 Tbsp
Coriander Powder - 1 / 2 Tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 / 4 Tsp
Fenugreek Powder - a pinch
Oil - 4 Tbsps
Mustard Seeds - 1 Tsp ( optional )
Channa Dal - 1 Tbsp
Urad Dal - 1 Tbsp
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
1. Cook rice with salt and keep aside.
2. Boil, peel and puree the tomatoes and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the ingredients for seasoning.
4. Add the shallots and when they are slightly golden add the
sliced green chillies.
5. Add the chopped ginger and garlic and saute till raw smell
is no more.
6. Add the pureed tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes.
7. Now add the spice powders and salt to taste.
8. Saute till the oil floats on top and the gravy is thick.
9. Add the cooked rice, mix well and serve hot.