Crabs - 6 ( medium sized)
Onions - 2 ( sliced )
Green chillies - 4 ( sliced )
Tomatoes - 3 ( sliced )
Red Chilli powder - 3 Tbsps
Coriander powder - 1 Tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 Tsp
Fennel powder - 2 Tsps
Pepper powder - 2 Tsps
Garam Masala powder - 1 Tsp
Salt - to taste
Water - 1 / 2 cup
Coconut Oil - 3 Tsps
Shallots - 10 ( sliced )
Garlic - 6 cloves ( sliced )
Ginger - 2 inch piece ( sliced )
Cumin - 1 Tsp
Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
Coconut Oil - 5 Tbsps or more
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
1. Clean and cut the crabs into two. Set aside.
2. Heat 3 Tsps oil in a pan and shallow fry the
ingredients to grind adding from shallots to
3. Let it cool and then grind to a smooth paste.
4. Heat oil in another pan and add the curry leaves
sliced onion and green chillies.
5. When raw smell is no more add the ground paste
and saute for 3 minutes.
6. Add the slice tomatoes and the spice powders and
saute for 5 minutes.
7. Add salt to taste and water.
8. When water slightly begins to boil add the halved crabs
and stir once.
9. Cover pan and cook in a medium flame for 15 - 20 minutes
till the gravy thickens.