Basmathi Rice - 2 Cups
Water - 4 Cups
Red Capsicum - 1 / 2 Cup ( Sliced )
Yellow Capsicum - 1 / 2 Cup ( Sliced )
Green Capsicum - 1 / 2 Cup ( Sliced )
Green Chillies - 4 ( Sliced )
Onion - 1 ( Sliced )
Cardamoms - 2
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 1 inch
Coriander Leaves - ( Chopped )
Oil / Ghee - 4 Tbsps
Salt - To Taste
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add the
2. Add the sliced onion and when they are
transparent add the green chillies.
3. Add the sliced capsicums and saute for
4. Add the measured basmathi rice and saute
for two minutes.
5. Add the measured amount of water and salt
6. Cover cooker and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
7. Serve hot garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
The number of whistles may differ with different
brands of pressure cookers available.