Raw Rice - 2 cups
Coconut - 1 cup ( grated )
Cooke Rice - 3 / 4 cup
Sugar - 6 Tbsps
Salt - to taste
Instant Dry Yeast - 1 / 2 Tsp
Sugar - 1 Tsp
Luke Warm Water - 1 / 4 cup
Cardamom powder - 2 Tsps
Golden Raisins - 1 / 4 cup ( soaked )
1. In a bowl dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water and
keep it covered fo 15 minutes.
2. Wash and soak rice for 5 hours.
3.Grind together all the ingredients given for grinding
to a smooth paste.
4. To this batter add the dissolved yeast and mix well.
5. The batter should be of thick consistency.
6. Keep ths batter covered overnight in a warm place.
7. Clean, wash and soak raisins for 10 minutes in luke warm water.
8. 30 minutes before using the batter add the cardamom
powder and soaked raisins.
9. Grease a flat mould or idli moulds with oil and pour the batter.
10. Steam for 15 - 20 minutes.
11. If using a flat mould cut into desired shapes and serve hot.