Cucumber - 1 cup ( chopped )
Yoghurt - 1 1 / 2 cups
Green Chillies - 3
Turmeric Powder - 1 / 2 Tsp
Salt - to taste
Water - as required
Coconut Oil - 2 Tbsps
Shallots - 5 (sliced )
Mustard Seeds - 2 Tsps
Dry Red Chillies - 3
Curry Leaves - 2 sprigs
Asafoetida - a pinch
1. In a pan add chopped cucumber , green chillies , turmeric powder
salt to taste and pour enough water just to cook the cucumber.
2. Once the cucumber becomes soft , remove pan from stove and
let it cool.
3. Whisk the thick yoghurt and add to the cooked cucumber and mix.
4. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, once they burst add
curry leaves , dry red chillies and sliced shallots .
5. When the shallots turn golden add the asafoetida and remove pan
from stove .
6. Pour this over the cooled cucumber.
7. Serve with rice.