Beetroot – 3 cups (grated)
Milk – 500 ml (boiled)
Sugar – 2 cups
Cardamoms -4 (powdered)
Ghee -5 Tbsps
- Heat 2 Tbsps of ghee in a pan and add the grated beetroot.
- Saute till raw smell is no more.
- Add the boiled milk and cook the beetroot till soft.
- Add the sugar and continue stirring.
- Add the cardamom powder when the mixture forms a lump.
- Add remaining ghee and continue stirring tll the mixture leaves the sides of the pan.
- To the halwa add half of the sliced almonds and mix well.
- Transfer the halwa to a greased tray .
- Garnish with remaining sliced almonds.
- Blanch the almonds in warm water.
- Peel the skin and slice.
Note : Adjust the sweetness to suit your palate.