Fish - 250 gms (medium size pieces)
Coconut - 2 cups ( to extract milk )
Coconut milk- 1 / 2 cup (1st extraction )
Coconut milk - 1 1 / 2 cups (2nd extraction )
Tomatoes - 2 (sliced )
Green chillies - 2 (sliced )
Turmeric powder - 1 / 2 Tsp
Chilli powder - 3 Tsp
Coriander powder - 1 Tsp
Thick tamarind pulp - 4 Tsps
Fenugreek seeds - 1 Tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Salt - to taste
Oil - 4 Tbsps
Grind To A Paste
Coconut - 2 Tbsps
Shallots - 10
Ginger - 1 Tsp (chopped)
Garlic cloves - 4 (chopped)
Cumin - 1 Tsp
Curry leaves - 5
1. Heat oil in a pan and add fenugreek seeds.
2. When they turn to a brown colour, temper mustard seeds and
3. Add the ground paste and fry till raw smell is no more.
4. Add turmeric , chilli and coriander powders and saute.
5. Add the sliced tomatoes and green chillies.
6. Add the 2nd extraction of coconut milk and let it boil in medium
7. Add salt to taste and the fish pieces.
8. Cover and cook for 5 minutes and now add the tamarind pulp.
9. Reduce the flame and let the curry simmer for 10 minutes.
10. Now add the 1st extraction of coconut milk and simmer for
11. Remove from stove and serve hot with rice.