Ginger – 250gms (chopped)
Garlic – 250gms (chopped)
Tamarind pulp – 1/4 cup
Chilli powder – 1 1/2 Tbsp
Asafoetida powder – 1/4 Tsp
Gingelly oil – 250 ml
Dry red chillies -5
Curry leaves – 3 sprigs
Jaggery– 1/4 cup (grated)
Salt – to taste
1. Grind ginger and garlic to a smooth paste.
2. Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan.
3. Add the curry leaves and red chillies .
4. To this add the ginger and garlic paste .
5. Keep stirring till raw smell is no more.
6. At this stage add chilli powder , asafoetida powder and salt .
7. Stir well and add the tamarind pulp and jaggery.
8. When the oil floats on top remove from stove.
9. Store in a dry pickle dish.