Breadfruit chunks - 3 cups
Fresh coconut - 2 cups (grated)
First extraction of coconut milk - 1 cup
Second extraction of coconut milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 2 cups (approx)
Cardamom - 1 Tsp (powdered)
Ghee - 2 Tbsps
Cashew nuts - 10
Raisins - 10
1. Pressure cook the breadfruit chunks till soft.
2. Cool it to room temperature and puree in a blender.
3. In a heavy bottomed vessel transfer the puree.
4. Add the second extraction of coconut milk and sugar to this.
5. Keep stirring till the mixture slightly thickens.
6. Now add the first extraction of coconut milk and the
7. Mix well and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
8. When the mixture thickens and reaches kheer cosistency
remove vessel from stove.
9. In a small pan, heat ghee and fry the cashew
nuts and raisins.
10. Pour it over the kheer and serve hot or chilled.
Recipe Source :
Mrs. Chandhini Selwin.
Note : Add more sugar if required.