Jackfruit seeds – 15
Drumstick – 1 (3 inch pieces)
Raw Mango – 1 (sliced)
Onion – 1 (sliced)
Mustard seeds – 1 Tsp
Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
Dry Red chillies - 3
Oil – 3 Tbsp
Salt – to taste
Coconut – 1 cup (grated)
Cumin – 1 Tsp
Green chilli – 1
Turmeric powder – 1 / 2 Tsp
Ginger – 1 inch piece (chopped)
Garlic – 4 pods (chopped)
Shallots –2 (sliced)
- Grind the above ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Keep aside.
- Clean, remove the skin, cut the jackfruit seeds into halves .
- Heat oil in a pan and temper mustard seeds curry leaves and red chillies.
- Add onion and saute to a light golden brown.
- Toss in the jackfruit seeds and add enough water to cook the seeds.
- When the jackfruit seeds are 3 /4 th done, add drumstick and sliced mango.
- Cover and cook till done.
- When the vegetables are cooked add the ground paste.
- Cook for five more minutes in medium flame.
- Remove from stove and serve hot with rice.