Onion - 1 (sliced)
Green chillies - 3 (sliced)
Tomato - 1 (sliced)
Coconut - 2 cups (grated)
First extraction of coconut milk - 1 cup
Second extraction of coconut milk - 1 1 / 2 cups
Coriander leaves - 2 Tbsps (chopped)
Turmeric powder - 1 / 2 Tsp
Salt - to taste
Mustard seeds - 1 Tsp
Dry red chillies - 2
Curry leaves - 2 sprigs
Oil - 2 Tbsp
1. Heat oil in a pan and temper mustard seeds, dry red chillies
and curry leaves.
2. Add the sliced onion and saute till its transparent.
3. Add the sliced green chillies and tomato and saute for two minutes.
4. Add turmeric powder to the second extraction of coconut milk
and mix well.
5. Pour this into the pan and let it simmer till the tomato is cooked.
6. Now add the first extraction of coconut milk and simmer for 1 minute.
7. Add salt to taste and remove pan from stove.
8. Serve garnished with chopped coriander leaves.