Moong Dal / Green Gram Dal - 1 cup
Sugar - 1 cup (approx)
Yellow Food Colour - few drops
Cardamom Powder - 3 Tsps
Ghee - 1 cup
Cashew nuts - 10
Raisins - 10
Ghee - 1 Tbsp
1. Soak moong dal for 4 hours drain water and grind
to a smooth paste.
2. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan and fry the
cashew nuts and raisins, set aside.
3. To the same pan add the ground moong dal paste.
4. Saute the moong dal paste and in a low flame stir
continuously till it forms a lump.
5. At this stage add the sugar ,food colour
and cardamom powder.
6. Add ghee in between and stir till it reaches halwa stage.
7. Transfer the halwa to a greased plate and garnish with
fried cashew nuts and raisins.