Dates - 1 cup ( seedless )
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 1 1 / 2 cups
Cardamom powder - 1 Tsp
Almonds - 10
Ghee - 1 Tbsp ( to grease )
1. Soak the almonds in warm water for 15 minutes.
2. Peel the skin off , slice and set aside.
3. Chop the seedless dates and soak in 1 / 2 cup of
milk for 30 minutes and pressure cook till soft.
4. Cool and grind the cooked dates .
5. Heat 1 cup of milk in a pan and add the ground dates.
6. Stir for 5 minutes and add sugar.
7. Keep stirring continuously till it reaches halwa stage.
8. Just before removing from stove , add the cardamom
powder and mix well.
9. Spread halwa in a flat greased plate and cool.
10. Serve garnished with sliced almonds.