Rice Flour - 1 cup
Salt - to taste
Hot Water - as required
Ghee - 1 Tsp
Fresh coconut - 1 cup ( grated )
Mixed Dry Fruits - 1 / 4 cup ( chopped )
Sugar - 1 / 2 cup
Cardamom Powder - 1 Tsp
Ghee - 2 Tbsps
1. Mix all the ingredients for filling in a bowl
and set aside.
2. Heat ghee in a pan add the filling and cook
till the mixture forms a lump.
3. Knead the ingredients given to cover to a
smooth pliable dough.
4.Take small balls fro the dough and flatten
into small discs.
5. Keep 2 Tbsps of filling in the centre and cover
to get a modak shape.
6. Place the modaks in a greased plate and steam
for 15 minutes.
7. Serve hot.