Fresh Water Mussels - 3 cups ( steamed )
Shallots - 1 cup ( chopped )
Green Chillies - 4 ( chopped )
Ginger Paste - 1 Tbsp
Garlic Paste - 1 Tbsp
Red Chilli powder - 1 Tsp
Pepper powder - 2 Tbsps
Turmeric powder - 1 / 2 Tsp
Salt - to taste
Coconut Oil - 4 Tbsps
Curry Leaves - 2 Sprigs
Dry Red Chillies - 3
1. Clean the mussels and steam them till the shells open.
2. Remove the steamed flesh from shells and wash well.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the curry leaves and dry red chillies.
4. Add the chopped shallots and saute till golden.
5. Add the green chillies ginger and garlic paste and saute.
6. Add all the spice powders and salt to taste.
7. Now add the steamed mussels and mix well.
8. In a medium flame saute mussels for 10 - 15 minutes.
9. Remove pan from stove and serve hot.