Mussels - 15 - 20
Thick Idli Batter - 1 cup
Oil - to fry
Red Chilli Powder - 1 1 / 2 Tsp
Pepper Powder - 1 / 2 Tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1 / 4 Tsp
Garam Masala Powder - 1 TSp
Salt - to taste
1. Marinate the cleaned mussels in the above ingredients
and marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Heat some oil in a pan and shallow fry the mussels till
3 / 4 th done.
3. Drain oil and keep aside.
4. Take a cup of thick idli batter in a bowl and keep aside.
5. Heat little oil in a kuzhi panniyaram mould and reduce flame.
6. Place the shallow fried mussels one by one in the batter and
drop in the kuzhi panniyaram mould slowly.
7. Flip and fry on both sides till golden and crunchy.
8. Drain excess oil and serve hot with tomato sauce.
Note : For Idli Batter Recipe please refer to recipe ( Idli Pizza ) posted
Sunday,11 March 2012