Milk - 500 ml
Sugar - 1 cup
Water - 1 cup
Lemon Juice - 2 Tsps
Cardamom Powder - 1 / 2 Tsp
1. Boil milk in a pan and curdle with lemon juice.
2. Drain all the whey and place the paneer in a
3. Tie the ends and hang it from a height for 30 minutes
to drain all the whey.
4. Mash the paneer and knead to a smooth dough.
5. Make small balls without any cracks from the smooth
dough and keep aside.
6. Heat water and sugar in a pressure cooker.
7. Once the syrup starts to boil add the cardamom powder.
8. Drop the balls in the boiling syrup one by one.
9. Close lid of cooker and cook for 3 whistles.
10. Let the pressure release remove lid and see if the rosgullas
are springy to touch if not, boil for 10- 15 minutes without
11. Place rosgullas in a bowl, cool at room temperature chill
overnight and serve along with the sugar syrup.
Note : The number of whistles may vary with different brands of